Image for illustration only and may not reflect actual product or finish
Catalog Cuts / Specs
Heavy-duty surface overhead door holder/stop
- Most rugged models available for heavy-duty applications. The channel is surface-mounted to the door, most often with sex bolts, and the jamb bracket is surface mounted to the jamb, or simple field modification of functions, should user requirements change.
- Provide a durable hold-open mechanism that can be turned off, allowing the unit to function as a shock-absorbing stop. The hold-open tension is simply adjusted incrementally for increased or decreased holding power by turning the nut at the end of the bar.
- Hold-open (H) models provide a convenient method of holding the door open at a predetermined position for short or long periods of time, permitting an unobstructed traffic flow through the opening. The hold-open function can easily be turned on or off by simply rotating the serrated knob on the bottom of the channel. This knob engages the hold-open mechanism, allowing the door to be held open at a predetermined position ranging from 85° to 110°. When the knob is flipped over, it acts as a stop and shock absorber.
The tension on the hold-open mechanism can be adjusted using a phillips screwdriver to offset air currents or other exterior conditions. The hold-open tension adjustment is located on the top of the slider in the channel.
- Stop-only (S) When the hold-open function is not a requirement, stop-only models provide a reliable method of door control. Stop-only models provide the same shock-absorbing capability as hold-open models. The stop-only model may be used on fire doors.
- Friction hold-open (F) ideal for patient room doors, wardrobe and closet doors or similar applications where multiple hold-open positions are desired. The friction tension can be adjusted through the top of the channel using an allen wrench. The friction tension adjustment is located on the top of the slider in the channel.
- Special stop-only (SE) When stop-only models are used in conjunction with single-point, hold-only electronic door closers, the stop-only function may be ordered without the shock-absorbing mechanism. Used as an auxiliary stop, these models prolong the life of the closer. The stop location is adjusted using an allen wrench on the stop block located in the channel. Note: Caution should be taken when using this option in other applications, as the elimination of the shock-absorbing spring can put added stress on the door and frame.
- Classification: Stop-only models are classified as Miscellaneous fire door accessories. This classification applies to use on either hollow metal fire doors or wood fire doors.
- Material substrate: 300 Series stainless steel, brass and steel substrates, these models are available in the largest selection of finishes in the industry. Stainless steel models offer the highest resistance to corrosion.
- Improved compatibility with door closers
- Single-acting doors
- Interior/exterior applications
- Easy to install
- Improved corrosion resistance