Heavy-duty surface overhead door holder/stop
- Offers the most effective shock-absorbing capacity, helping protect doors, frames and hardware.
- provide rugged, heavy-duty door control. The jointed-arm design provides the most effective stop mechanism available. The shock absorber bracket is surface mounted, usually with sex bolts. The jamb bracket is mounted to the stop of the frame, so a minimum of door and frame preparation is required.
- Designed for heavy-duty applications, these models provide long-lasting protection for doors, frames, hardware and surrounding walls or obstructions. They are compatible with most door closers and feature an extremely reliable hold-open function and rugged shock absorption. All models feature jointed-arm design and centered jamb bracket.
- Provide a durable hold-open mechanism that can be turned off, allowing the unit to function as a shock-absorbing stop. The hold-open tension is simply adjusted incrementally for increased or decreased holding power by turning the nut at the end of the bar.
- Hold-open (H) models should be used when doors will need to be held open at a preset position for an extended period. This allows unobstructed traffic flow. Hold-open model provides a selective hold-open function. A simple turn of the thumbturn disables the hold-open function, allowing the unit to serve as a shock absorbing stop.
The hold-open mechanism is selective and may be turned on or off with a simple turn of the thumbturn. In the “off” position, these models act as stops and shock absorbers. In the “on” position, they hold the door open at a preset position between 85° and 110°. The hold-open force is not adjustable in the 81H Series.
- Stop-only (S) When the hold-open function is not required, the stop-only models provide the same effective door control, without the hold-open feature. The stop-only model may be used on fire doors.
- Classification: Stop-only models are classified as Miscellaneous fire door accessories. This classification applies to use on either hollow metal fire doors or wood fire doors.
- Material substrate: Brass, steel or 300 stainless steel, these models offer the broadest range of finishes in the industry, complementing any design. Stainless steel models offer the highest resistance to corrosion.
- Single-acting doors
- Interior/exterior applications
- Easy to install